Velindre Cancer Centre in Whitchurch, Cardiff, is scheduled to be replaced and re-located, with completion in approximately 2025.
In the meantime, the Trust required full refurbishment of this end-of-lifecycle but critical theatre Air Handling Unit to keep it in fully operational condition.
The brief was to add up to 10 years additional service life, while benefiting from some ROI through the replacement of the existing drives with new energy-efficient direct drive fans.
ECEX works included:
- Upgrade to direct drive EC plug fans including corresponding bulkhead fabrication
- Replacement of failed damper and actuator
- Chemical cleaning of frost coil
- Refurb of filter frame
- Thorough refurb of AHU housing including part-replacement of rusted floor pan, rust-inhibiting treatment and resin coating of interiors, new porthole windows and complete replacement of rusted roof
- Various electrical replacements
For more information about our AHU refurbishment services, click here.